Friday, August 31, 2012

My Name is Mud

Mud, mud everywhere in the garden at The Compound.  We stopped out this weekend to survey the damage left from Isaac.  There were lots of palm fronds down in the yard, so I suppose we'll have a large bonfire Saturday.  We had some flooding around the chicken coop, not so much inside since we have a metal roof now, but everywhere around it, especially getting to it.  Good thing I have rubber boots!

We haven't had time to get more mulch for the garden, and the compost we put on is not enough to absorb the amount of water that came down.  I'm hoping it will be dry enough to be able to plant some seeds for the fall garden.  Otherwise my name is Mud.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear no major damage happen. A bonfire is always nice anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.