Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Praying Mantis

The Moose came back from walking Miss Izzy and found this creepy crawly hanging out on our porch screen.  What the heck is this thing?! 



My camera doesn't capture the color, but it's a light and dark brown mix, similar to tree bark.  Any ideas as to what it is?

It's a praying mantis, and you can see it's legs, tucked up under itself, when looking at it directly, but a little hard to see in this photo. It's times like these I wish I could afford a better camera.  It's eyes/head actually follow you when you walk around.  Creepy! 

I've lived in Florida since 1994, and I'm still surprised by what I see. 

1 comment:

  1. That is the weirdest praying mantis I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.