Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Where do I Start?!

I don't know where to start! So much has been going on this past week, and all of it good. Each day is a blessing. I can't believe I waited until I was in my 40's before getting chickens. They are a great substitute for the boob tube, not that I get much of that in anyway. They, all 12 are still around, are always on the move. I still need names, and hope to have that wrapped up this week. We had one scare, a pasty butt issue with Sweetie Pie. She/he was sick for a day or so, not much energy, but is now on the rebound, and back to running around with the rest of the Hooligans. They have a new set up, which you can see in the photo. There are ledges that they have already figured out how to jump up to.

We spent all day Saturday at the Compound working on the garden, and cleaning out the pond. We had some mud and debris that needed cleaning out, so we got that taken care of, just in time for a weeks worth of rain. We're praying for a considerable amount, to help sustain the garden over the coming months. Sunday we were back out there, we leveled off the chicken run area, and planted grass seed. I know the Hooligan's will just scratch it up, but we wanted to start somewhere. The Moose also dug a trench along the outside of the pond, so if we do get a hard rain, it won't wash back into the pond.

The blueberry bushes are full of berries, the raspberry, blackberry and mulberry plants also have blossomed and are bearing fruit.

Here's one final picture, this is one of the Red Stars taking a one minute nap. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.