Thursday, February 23, 2012

Angry Birds - really?

OK, I heard on the news this morning, that the number one APP for 2011 was Angry Birds.  Really?   Before I rant;  I too am guilty. I agree the game is fun, has a cute design/concept and a great time killer for those occasions when you can't stand to watch the news any longer, or your head will pop off, refuse to watch fake reality T.V., your eyes won't focus on another word in the book you're reading, or your hands are tired from knitting.  Is this what we've come to because we're tired of everything else? 

What does that say about the things around us?   What does it say about us?  Are the adults (face it people, it can't be the #1 APP without us full grown adults buying it) now becoming like the children society has sat down in front of the boob tube to watch mindless T.V. or play video games for the past couple of decades?  What are your thoughts?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11360268/1/angry-birds-top-app-of-2011-poll.html

7 comments:

  1. I've heard of angry birds but the only ones I have seen are in my back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take time for blogs and things like APN.
    Games are just too mind numbing for me.
    Speaking of APN, are you on it ? If so, what is your handle ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,apps is short for applications, which take you to games, or other functions (could be banking) on your smart phone, tablets, etc. If you were trying to be funny, I do get your joke. I had to ask my kids 22 and 24 what they were awhile back.

    Sista - I too have angry birds, at the Compound. Especially when they don't get their snacks when they expect them.

    Spud - not sure what APN is. You'll have to fill me in, on what I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a forum of preppers here in Florida.
    Here is the link:
    http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewforum.php?f=277
    lot of Good locals on there....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Spud, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know what your handle is going to be on it, so's I have an idea who is posting. On APN I'm known as Bob Crash...
    Most folks on there are very discrete but you are able to send private messages thru the forum.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.