Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just Not Enough Time

Like most, we spent the holiday weekend with friends.  Of course, we spent it at The Compound.  It was hot as heck, 97 degrees Saturday, about the same on Sunday, and even though Monday at lunch was only around 90 it felt as hot as the last two days, just because we are not yet acclimated to the summer heat and humidity. 

We went through every shirt and dry pair of socks we brought along.  I worked in the chicken coop and the garden.   I shoveled and hauled pig poo and watered everything within an inch of itself!  Unfortunately, we lost a hen.  I think the heat got to her too.

The guys worked on a really "cool" project in the container.  I just didn't have enough time to take the necessary pictures.  Besides the space needs to be cleaned up a bit so the pictures will do this new contraption justice.  Trust me, you'll thank me later when you see what we've found and how well it works! 

Oh, and I think one of our pigs is in the "family way".  Gotta run!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet more bacon in the make-in :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzy,

    It's really warming up there 97 degrees. I believe the rest of this week will be in the mid to high 80's during the day here and dropping to the 60's in the early morning hours.

    Congrats on upcoming baby pigs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! It's in the low-40s here this morning and only supposed to reach the low 70s this afternoon. Sorry about your chicken. We've lost a few to predators; losing an animal is never easy and always makes me feel horrible. :(

    Izzy! You won my giveaway! :)

    Blessings to all at the Compound, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.