Sunday, August 18, 2013

Saturday in Photos

The youngest group at The Compound. Getting a bit rambunctious at this stage.

This poor hen was picked on to the point, she had a large wound on her head. We separated her from the group and put her in the broody pen with the two smallest chicks. All are getting along very well. The two small ones leave her poor wound alone, and she doesn't pick on them. They've seemed to buddy up pretty well.
I still can't tell if Rooster Cogburn (left) wants to become my boyfriend or tear me a new one!
My favorite photo of the weekend. Here's Lacy, checking out the shutter on the camera.
Doing what chickens do the best. Some of my Easter Eggers out hunting. They are the sweetest, and great egg layers.
Yes, we do have Tilapia in the pond. This is not the largest we've seen, but here's proof of life!
Finally, here's the group getting ready for bed. Miss Berta (Left) and Miss Corrie (Right), still sleep next to each other.


2 comments:

  1. Izzy,

    How many chickens do you have?

    I'm glad to hear you were able to move the chicken from the pen to prevent her from getting pecked further.

    Oh my, fish!!!! I love fishing and tilapia wooohoooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy,

      Last count 71 chickens! It's hard to double check as they are moving targets!

      Woo hoo to the Tilapia for sure! Our local store sells them for $8/lb, there's a lot of money swimming in our little pond!

      Thanks for following along.

      Delete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.