Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally!

Well, it's been 18 weeks on the mark, and we have our first egg! I was so excited Friday night! We had another 2 eggs this weekend.

Another milestone for the Hooligan's was letting them run loose on the property. It's like sending your kids off to school for the first time. You worry way too much. They had a blast scratching around the yard. It was fun, looking around the yard, trying to keep up with their shenanigans.


We spent the weekend at the Compound, finally burning the brush pile (it's been way too wet lately to think about getting one started), setting up the new furniture inside the camper, cleaning out the chicken coop and nesting boxes,and mowing the acreage.

While I was out adding fuel to the fire, I noticed Lucy leaving the scavenging group and heading to the coop. I was wondering what she was up to all on her own, and I had a thought she might lay an egg. You see, I'm really a city girl. I never grew up around chickens, only saw them on t.v., etc. So I decided to follow her and see what was up. Lo' and behold, she was in her nesting box! I could hardly contain myself. I'm sure the Moose thought I was crazy! About 5 minutes later, there it was. No announcement on her part, just quiet chatter. But her best pal Mildred came in and made a fuss. The Moose said it was because I took Lucy's egg. I think he was pulling my leg..

Speaking of legs, I took a spill on some loose gravel, landed on my right knee. I was out of the equation Friday night, through much of Saturday morning. It looks like some new vogue artwork, but it's intact and functioning.

We're very close to being done with the inside of the camper. Only a couple of projects remain, and then it's on to the deck/screened porch. The Moose announced this morning, he's hoping to have it all done before the Labor Day weekend. As long as the weather cooperates, we should be able to meet the deadline.

Have a great week everyone, and thanks for following the blog. It's nice to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.