Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring


We sure had good intentions of getting caught up at The Compound this past weekend, but the weather just wouldn’t cooperate.  The chickens are lucky they even had a chance to get outdoors.  Just what we wanted or needed was more rain!  We’ve had so much the Tilapia pond is overflowing, the garden is a mud bog and  so overgrown with weeds, but I can’t get in to take care of without getting stuck in the mud.

We also wanted to get started on the final touches to the pizza oven.  Nothing other than cleaning out the camper, tiki hut and caring for all 81 83 chickens (forgot to add the two new ones to the overall count) was accomplished.  We feel like such slackers.
As I write this post, it is raining AGAIN! 
To those of my family scared by the huge number of chickens, take a deep breath and calm down.  I have them posted on Craigs List and have a buyer for 3 pullets this Saturday.  I will not keep all of them, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.