Saturday, January 21, 2012

Trap Door, Shooting and Planting



Well, here it is!  Brought to you by my Padre'.  My Dad (Padre) worked on the trap door over the past couple of weeks, and here is the final product.




He and the Moose put a smelly concoction of old beer, wild hog food and chicken scratch as the bait.  Well, it worked on a raccoon, brought him out in daylight!  We'll see if we can draw in any wild hogs.

Daughter Number 1 got to shoot her 9mm today.  For someone who only handled a gun once before and for a very short period of time, she was a great shot today!  Annie get your gun!!  We'll make a redneck out of this city girl yet!


She took turns on the orange targets, and then she was on to hitting door hinges that hang on a cord.  Not sure if you can tell, but that shiny blur in the middle is the hinge she had just hit.



I got my tomato, cabbage, broccoli, and brussel sprouts in, but didn't get to the greens seeds.  I slipped and took a nice spill into the pond, then landed on my keister.  Between the spill, and the number of plants I put in, I was done for the day.  Thank goodness my Mom brought out lunch, so I didn't have to worry about that.

Weather was wonderful, again, and is supposed to remain that way for at least another week.  Our only concern this time of year is brush fires, due to the dry weather.  I'm praying for some rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.