Monday, August 30, 2010

Should Have Stayed in Bed


Well, I'm sure you've all had those days, when you should have just stayed in bed. Friday was mine.

Our 40' container was going to be delivered, and per the company that sold the thing to us, they'd call us when the driver left Miami. That would have given us a 4 hour window. Well 9am rolls around, and since I hadn't heard from them, I called. "Oh we're sorry Ma'am, he left really early this morning, and he'll be there in an about an hour and a half". We dropped everything and ran out to the compound. I get a phone call from the driver. His first statement; "do you speak Spanish?". I knew I was in trouble. You see, I can count to ten, and from there, I might as well move to another planet. He hung up on me, and called his office, which in turn called me only to ask me for directions from a road next to my home in Orlando. The container company gave them the bill to address and not the ship to address. We had to wait another hour for him to show up. With that said, the container arrived, it's huge and in place!

We decided that since the driver was so late, and we missed a better part of our normal work day, we'd get a couple of other projects finished. We had our cooler in the back of the unlocked car. After I got out a cold drink, shut the cover, I shut the hatch. The car automatically locked itself. I'm not kidding. There we were, and you could hear the thing lock itself, and then the alarm went off. We were sunk! No keys, and especially no cold water. I did have my cell phone.

I called my Mom and Dad, who dropped everything, and stopped at our house to pick up another set of keys. They could not find the other set, they were in my purse, in the locked car at the compound. You can see where this is going. After a few more phone calls, my parents were off to the car dealer, where they purchased a new key, brought it out for us, and yahoo! we were back in business. What a hassle! I'm glad my parents now live in Florida and not back in Wisconsin.

I spent Sat. morning at the local nursery, learning all I can on Mango trees. It's amazing how much you don't know when you go to one of these workshops. My hubby spent Saturday moving stuff into the container, and building some shelving. Saturday, thank goodness was much less eventful.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Put one of my car keys in the trailer so this doesn't happen again.

    Glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.