Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Monkey Terrorizes Family - Returning Merchandise

It began last May.  When we decided Monkey Needed a New Home.  Monkey went to a young couple trying to raise chickens.   They wanted a rooster to keep watch over their girls and fertilize the eggs for new generations. Oh, the horror of it all. 

It so happens I was monitoring Craig's List yesterday and came across an ad for "free Buckeye rooster."   I instantly knew it was him, THE Monkey.  It had to be him, his evil ways must have been too much for this family and no other chicken could be that evil. 

I spoke with the owner, of what is now the infamous Buckeye rooster.  In  a bid to rid their family of his evil presence they opted to give him away for FREE on Craig's List.   "just come and get him"  "We can't enter the area without a broom or rake in hand."  "You can't turn your back on him for a second!".    "He's just too much!"

What kind of evil did we create?  Like Dr. Frankenstein, did we create a monster?  The poor family just wants him gone, and yesterday is not soon enough.

We can't WAIT to get him back!




9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, I think. Are you really sure you want him back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it's 60-40 that we really want him back. He's the only remaining original Hooligan from the start, so having him back is awesome! I don't look forward to walking around with my garden rake though!

      We'll see how it goes. For now, he'll be separated from everybody. I'd have too many roosters again and not enough egg laying girls.

      Delete
  2. Hey Izzy, I can't find your email address so I'm posting here. There is a 9 tray excalibur dehydrator brand new, never used on Craigs list for $200. I just emailed the poster & it's still up for grabs.

    http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/app/3460453647.html

    Let me know if you are interested. I can get it for you & bring to you in February when I'm down your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFW,

      Thank you for thinking of me! Unfortunately, right now I don't have the cash on hand. Business has been very, very slow. I wish it were better. You are awesome! I hope we can meet up when you are down here in Feb.

      Izzy2184@aol.com

      Delete
    2. I totally understand. I'll email you a few weeks before my trip & hopefully we can have lunch or drinks.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to post a comment on your latest post, but there is no comment box. (???)

    Good grief what an adventure. Good idea about not letting the roos see one another. It seems to me, that the older roosters get, the ornerier they get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,

      I have no idea why there wasn't a comment box. Thanks Google...

      Yes it has been an adventure. If Monkey gets much more ornery, he may end up in the soup pot!

      Delete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.