Friday, November 4, 2011

Spreading the Word

We had an electrician come to the house this week, and it turns out he teaches gardening classes at a local nursery.  My buckets of compost gave me away.  We started discussing his upcoming earth box class, and I asked him if he ever heard of the Back to Eden Film.  Well, nearly 4 hours later, I finally had my new outlet installed, but  the amount of information exchange was awesome!  I passed along the website address, and he was heading home after his last job to take a look.

Thanks to the folks at Back to Eden for your willingness to pass this along at no charge, so millions of us can use the information.  We're off tomorrow for our second load of mulch.  We'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to look that up. Back to Eden eh? What is an earth box? Is it like a cold frame? The man built one for me (featured on my last post)but it is a permanent structure. Sort of like a passive solar green house but short and is actually part of the fence around our patio with a grape arbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sista,

    Earth boxes come in several varieties, but basically it's a bin of sorts that holds water in the bottom third, separated by a screen, then piled with dirt/compost. There is a piece of pvc pipe that runs to the bottom of the bin where you fill it with water as needed. It's supposed to help keep your plants get the water they need as their root systems will reach down for the water.

    That's how I understand it.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.