Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chainsaw Massacre!

O.K. Halloween theme here! Couldn't help it, I know corny, but it's my blog.

After last weekends storm, we had a tree down in the drive coming in, along with the damage to the roof on the Tiki Hut, and all the debris mother nature could puke up on our lawn, we were on a mission to get it cleaned up. (see photos in last post of the mess)

The Moose started by getting the fire pit lit up, getting out his chainsaw and letting the Hooligans out (which is more like mob rule). I had made extra oatmeal for breakfast in the morning, and brought left overs for the Hooligans.

We were expecting some company, so I set out to get organized and ready.

My parents and Daughter Number One came out to the Compound Saturday. My Padre couldn't resist the chainsaw just sitting there. Let the massacre begin! He just started cutting down branches and palm fronds. I'm not sure he even took the time to say hello before he got started! He was like a kid in a candy store. Padre also cut off the bottom branches of the oak trees that line our drive, so I could mow underneath without loosing my hat!


My Mom and I spent the better part of the morning picking up and raking yard debris, in between laughing at the Hooligan's and their antics. By this time, Daughter Number One drove in, and we had lunch. I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about the atmosphere of having lunch out in the fresh air surrounded by your family, I'd call sheer joy. I don't think it would matter what you had for lunch, it would taste good.

The Moose and my Padre finished cleaning up the yard. I wish I had taken pictures of the amount and size of branches, limbs and palm fronds those two burned. The fire pit was always ablaze, and it went from 8am until 4:30pm before it was finally a pile of hot burning coals. The yard has never looked this good.



Then one final task before the end of the day; fixing the Tiki Hut roof for the second time this year. Thanks to 70-80 mile/hour winds. But it seems no challenge is too big or too small for the Moose and Padre.

My parents headed home. We stuck around for a bit with Daughter Number One, cleaned up, chit chatted and then corralled the Hooligans in for the night. There's always one lone hold out and this time it was The General. Daughter Number One had a good laugh at our expense.

I'll leave you with a cute photo, I don't know what they were all looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.