Wednesday, September 11, 2013

One Eyed Jack!

Long ago my Padre' used to tell my girls a story about a pirate named One Eyed Jack.  He's been referenced to over the years, and now I have a young rooster given this name. 


It happened a couple of weeks ago.  I noticed the dirty feathers on his neck (they wipe their faces clean, and it's one of the first signs you may notice if a chicken is not feeling well), and went to take a closer look.  His eye was closed.  It had some goop running out, so the Moose and I got him cleaned up and put Neosporin on his eye.  We've done that a couple of times since, and it's remained the same, but less goop.  No idea how it happened;  fighting/playing, etc?

His temperament is fine, although the other birds do sneak up on him and he's a bit more skittish since he is caught unaware.  He's eating, drinking and doing all the things chickens normally do.  We'll keep an "eye" on him.  I know, not funny...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.